The STEP project aims to develop and pilot test a cloud eParticipation SaaS platform, (available as a mobile application and through a web platform) enhanced with web / social media mining, gamification, machine translation, and visualisation features, which will promote the societal and political participation of young people in the decision-making process on environmental issues. STEP Web Site: http://step4youth.eu/ - Project Site : http://step.green
Five pilots, including Hatay Metropolitan Municipality from Turkey, in an operational environment have been selected for the deployment of STEP solution in 4 countries (Italy, Spain, Greece, and Turkey) with the participation of one regional authority, 3 municipalities, and an association of municipalities. The pilots are expected to involve testing by 8.200 young users and 85 policy makers.
The STEP consortium, with DRAXIS Environmental S.A. as the coordinator and SAMPAS as the technical manager, comprises 13 partners located in 8 different countries. The project has officially begun on the 1st of June 2015, while its final results are expected in November 2017.
Participating Partners :
- Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Greece
- Linguatec GmbH, Germany
- University of Abertay Dundee, U.K.
- Inmark Estudios Y Estrategias S.A., SPain
- Region of Crete, Greece
- Sampas Bilisim Ve Iletisim Sistemleri Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.S., Turkey
- Hatay Metropolitan Municipality, Turkey
- Associazione dei Comuni della Locride, Italy
- YEE-Youth and Environment Europe, Czech Republic
- Ajuntament de Mollet del Vallès, Spain
- Kairos Future Group, Sweden
- Valdemoro Municipality, Spain
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 649493